In 1805, Slavkov became the center of one of the most pivotal battles in European history. The traditional pre-Christmas market, historical program, military encampment, battle re-enactment, and the finale soldier parade and nighttime program in the castle park will all be part of it. A unique nighttime battle will also take place.
The shot from a cannon signalling the start of the Napoleonic events in Slavkov u Brna will be heard at 10:00 AM. The closing program will take place at 7:00 PM in the castle park.
Friday, December 1st
- 19:00 Slavkov 1805 - prologue: ceremonial arrival of the Russian, Austrian emperor, and French negotiator (Castle Courtyard)
- 19:45 - 22:00 "Living Pictures": special tours of the castle chambers and Empire ball (Castle)
Saturday, December 2nd
- 09:00 - 20:00 Advent Market (Palackého Square, Husova Street, castle courtyard - until 19:00)
- 10:00 Opening with the soldiers' assembly (Palackého Square)
- 11:00 - 17:00 "Once upon a time in Austerlitz" (Commented demonstrations of military training and battle clashes, Palackého Square)
- 13:00 Equestrian tournament (Castle Park)
- 17:30 Awarding of medals to the founders of the Commemorative Events tradition (Historical Hall of the Castle)
- 19:45 Soldiers' parade through the city (Palackého Square)
- 20:00 Slavkov 1805 - epilogue: Multimedia representation of moments from the Battle of Slavkov, fireworks (Castle Park, lower part)
The event is organized by the town of Slavkov u Brna and the Slavkov Castle - Austerlitz.
Main media partner